venerdì 14 marzo 2014

Walking on sunshine

We have had some really amazing weather here these days. Last weekend I got a (unexpected) visit. A lovely lassie just decided to come over before she sets off for  a new adventure and we were lucky enough to be able to spend most of the time outside, either in town or in the woods. That obviously excludes the time we spent eating (too much pasta, I was told) and talking. One of the things I like most is making my friends meet so I was really happy that L. got to meet some very important people from the Trieste crew. I believe your friends are somehow the mirror of your soul so it is impossible that your friends' friends don't have anything in common with each other. Another nice thing about "old" friends meeting "new" friends is that everyone gets to know something about you they previously ignored (in my case it was funny stories about fire alarms and my reaction speed in emergencies, implying that I am only pretending to be slow most of the time :).



Although it is true that...well...that "we should carry the sun in our hearts" (as banal as it may sound), sunny weather helps to be positive and proactive. Another thing that helps is meeting nice people who are ready to listen, talk and help you. I have always been lucky to have people around me who would always give me a hand, who would always be there for me. And, funnily enough, it is not always the people you expect will help you who actually do. Sometimes it's almost complete strangers or people you have just met. And it doesn't matter because it just shows that energy flows. Positive energy is never waisted and sooner or later it comes back to you. You don't know when and in which form but it does. 

I have been reading up on buddhism quite a bit lately and going to meetings. I find this philosophy extremely interesting. Complicated - and yet simple. It is also interesting to see how the basics of all world beliefs work according to the same principles. As a friend said the other day: "Certain things are just written on our hearts, adding that "Unfortunately we often suffer from heart disease."

I am sure we do, but I am just as sure we can change things. It won't be easy and it won't be quick, but sometimes a very small change has a very big impact. Simply choosing to smile instead of complaining will make a difference. All it takes is a couple of muscles. 




Speaking of muscles, now that spring is actually here I have started training for a 10k run in May. Last year it was the first time I did it and I took my time and enjoy the new experience. This year is for real. I'll do it with friends so I have no excuses. Muscles need to be activated here too. Now.


1 commento: