mercoledì 5 marzo 2014

Chronos and Kairos

Today I had an unexpectedly stressful day. Why? Because I had made plans. I wanted to get things done. I knew what I was going to do. Or at least I thought I knew. I took my time in the morning (i.e. set my alarm for half six and woke up at 9), had my morning coffee (I even frothed milk for a proper cappucheenoh)...and then it arrived.

"Quick check." = 4 hours of work. (Yes, I am slow, yes, I am pernickety, but still...)

= no lunch
= no time to finish my other work

But you know, you always hear the things you need to hear at the right time. 

Today I heard the story of Chronos and Kairos, 2 Greek gods. Chronos represents linear time, passing by minute after minute. Quickly. Unstoppably. Scarily.  

Kairos, on the other hand, represents circular time. The time perceived by children, where 2 minutes = 2 hours. The time you spend doing creative, entertaining, interesting, fulfilling things. Time filled with laughter, friends, family. 

Ideally, each adult should have Chronos sitting on the left shoulder and Kairos on the right. Both are important, but "round time" is the one that's good for your soul.




                                         Wish every one of you loads of round, spiral time.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento