domenica 14 giugno 2015

Back to reality

And it's harder than I thought. Everyone likes fairytales, don't we? If you ask me, every wedding is a fairytale and as such it is absolutely perfect. Promising that you'll stick with someone no matter what and that you'll always be there for them is no easy thing nowadays. 


A fairytale in the making: the bride, the groom and the Danube 

This was the first wedding at which I didn't cry, mainly because I don't understand a word of Hungarian. I like going to Hungary precisely because I give my brain a chance to relax. I can't read any of the signs (apart from "open" and "closed") and I can only say "hi!", "thank you", "how are you?" and "good night". I can't make any connections with the languages I know because there are none (apart from the days of the week, which are almost the same in Slovene and in Hungarian - probably because of Russian - and some food names e.g. kolač). 

Although it was a short holiday. I've realised I quite enjoy spending time with my parents. We haven't been on a proper holiday together for a very long time. Usually I force them to follow me and help me move in/move out from a place. This time I wanted us to have a nice time together so I took care of the planning. They still had to drive there and back, but other than that they could just relax. 

I also realised that some things never change. If you are really close to someone, you might not see them for almost a decade, but the moment you see each other again, you just forget about the time that passed. There we were, all four roomates together again. 

2006
2015


A. arrived late as usual and missed the wedding ceremony (so typical of her! :)
R. was stubborn and funny as usual and her wheelchair driving skills were still impressive.
Z., the bride, was loving and caring, although I almost ran over her dress a couple of times. She admitted that my wheeling around was on her list of nightmare wedding scenarios :)
I was the one who "told our Biology teacher we had a good reason for being late for class: it was St. Nicholas day and we had been opening presents", "never took showers" (disclaimer: I have never been dirty or smelly, I was just environmentally aware :) and "was always hitting on handsome guys" (with a very high failure rate, I may add - see pic below).

We definitely were the most talkative, happiest and noisiest table in the whole restaurant and the first to join the bride on the dancefloor after the first dance. It was only after realising that the music we liked the most were songs from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s that we were forced to accept the fact that we are not 17 anymore. 





Darn! I missed it again! ;)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento