venerdì 14 novembre 2014

Freedom is addictive

The more you have, the more you want. Today I can say I manage to cause a traffic jam in town because the ramp on the bus got stuck. All the passengers had to leave the bus and the poor bus driver had to deal with angry drivers waiting behind him. I then took the train and the ramp got stuck and wouldn't come back in there either. Yes, everyone has days off, even ramps!

Life is good. Very good. And yet, the better it gets, the more I want.

I want to be able to go to Swedish classes without having to worry about how I will get to the train station.

I want to get to the train station at the very last minute without being told that I should have got there at least 30 minutes earlier.

I don't want to have to plan everything ahead and pick a different wheelchair every morning, depending on what I am going to do (If I am going out with people/to someone's place, I need to take the manual wheelchair, if I am going for a longer walk which doesn't involve buses, I need to take the electric one).

I want people to stop patronising me (but still help me when I ask for help).

I want to be able to get dressed in 5 minutes (well, getting there :)

I want people to stop talking to my friends when, in fact, they should be talking to me directly.

I want to be always on the move without anything stopping me (yet, please let me sleep at weekends :)

That said, the world is not a bad place. I just hope each of us is doing their bit to make it even better. After all, what's important in life is to spread happiness. Hungry Mika certainly knows how to do that, don't you think?



2 commenti:

  1. Keep pushing, darling! ;)
    (5 minutes to get dressed? Awesome! How do you do it? I'm in desperate need ofinstructions!! :-P)
    <3

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. All you need to do is make sure that before you go to bed everything is ready for you to leave the house as if it were an emergency and you'd have to run to save your life. Most importantly, you need to know exactly what you are wearing (and have everything at hand) and be ready to pull your clothes on in the dark (turning the light on is a waste of energy and a shock for your sleepy brain). Not the easiest thing to do nor the nicest way of starting a new day...but believe me, you'll be wide awake within seconds :) Brushing your hair, doing your shoe laces or putting makeup on - all of this can be done in the car :)

      Elimina