lunedì 13 maggio 2013

Missing

Have you ever noticed how, no matter what you do and where you are, there's always something you miss? That's what it's like for me, anyway.

These days I miss having breakfast in the morning (not that I ever managed to have breakfast, but around 10 am my stomach clearly tells me the cappuccino I down when I get to work is definitely not enough!).

I miss having proper conversations, not just the hi-how-are-you-I-am-fine-I-have-to-go-I-am-sorry-I-will-see-you-later ones. By proper, I mean Café Brio ones, where the minimum time you spend with someone is one hour. And of course I miss having time to waste however I like.

I miss talking about languages, translations, interpreting. I miss the booth, the feeling you get when you turn on the mike, the excitement when you find the right expression in a split second, the feeling of accomplishment when you finish interpreting a difficult speech.

I miss not being the driving force of a friendship, feeling wanted and needed. It's not easy to always be the one running after people. Funnily enough, when other people run after me I don't seem to care as much as when I have to chase them. Is that human nature or am I masochistic?

I miss eating lunch slowly instead of choking on food and force-feeding myself in 20 minutes.

I lack motivation. I definitely do. I am just too tired.

I miss studying and feeling nerdy but cool because I know EVERYTHING ;) there is to know about the world around me.

I miss coming home and making dinner with T. while talking about politics, language(s) and life in general.

And yet, never before have I been able to enjoy spring and the sun so much. Never before have I been able to let things behind me the way I do now. Nor was I able to deal with a gazillion different things at once.

I've never looked forward to the summer as much, despite knowing that I will hardly go anywhere. I don't care about going to a thousand different places, actually. One place is more than enough. And that's where I'll be going.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento