mercoledì 29 maggio 2013

Have we all lost our mind?

Said my dad today. "Your mum is getting herself a toy, you got yourself a stress-releaser...What on earth is going on here?!"

My mum's toy is a brand new Chihuahua which is coming home tomorrow, plus it's 1,000 accessories (the squeaking duck, the mini bones made of buffalo meat - bleah!, a rope, the leash, a basket and -believe it or not...dog nappies!!!).

My toy is a 1.60 m high punching bag. I actually never meant to buy it for myself, it was supposed to be a present for a crazy friend, but I ended up getting 2. I am a convinced pacifist, I've said this before, but this thing is just brilliant! It's filled with 7 litres of water at the base and with air in the cylindric part. You don't need boxing gloves to punch it and you can hit it as hard as you want. It will tilt but it won't fall :)

I don't know if we've lost our mind (I've always been a crazy lassie, I can say that for a fact). All I know is that I'm glad I can still get excited like a child about little things like:

- a stupid item (see intro) I bought myself "just for fun"
-  giving a surprise present to my friend (you know I like surprises, don't you? :) But I actually think preparing a surprise is even more fun than getting one.
- ugly wee creatures (ibid :)

While keeping this childish side of my personality alive, I am also a very emotional person. Among the things that moved me today (almost to tears, I may add) are:

- the realisation that some people are as happy to be my friends as I am to be their friend (and they are able to show it)
- the strength and good mood of some people although they are going through a difficult time
- the tenderness with which a mother describes her child (I was equally moved by the great style of writing, I have to say)
- recollections from last year's open day at the interpreting department (and all the bundle of feelings that come with it: excitement, fear, tiredness, sense of achievement)
- my dad changing tonight's menu "because I know you like this better"(if you know my dad, you know he doesn't change his mind that often).

Random but true!

While writing this I am thinking I should maybe stop being so emotional and cheesy and actually call the people I care about to let them know I haven't disappeared. Will do so very soon. Luckily it's almost the end of the week!


1 commento:

  1. <3
    Punching bag? Great idea! One more reason to come see you - soon!

    RispondiElimina