lunedì 4 febbraio 2013

The best offer

Forgive my lack of originality, but I've just got back from the cinema and I am still speechless. I think the film deserves a blog title. I've never liked films/books with inconclusive endings or a story line where the spectator/reader needs to do all the job. I think it's way too easy to call anything messy and confusing - art. Well, The best offer is indeed puzzling, weird, exaggerated at times, but I think it is great! Possibly a wee bit too long, but that's the only negative comment I have about it. I won't tell you anything about the story itself because I don't want to spoil the surprise. Let me just tell you there are some great shots, good dialogues and the story is very tense for the whole two hours. I know people who will tell you the exact opposite. I am not able to tell if my dad and I like it so much because we both really needed to escape from reality for a while and this film gave us the right excuse to do it or because it really is a masterpiece. I might be able to give you the correct answer after I will have watched it again (this time with my mum :). 

Anyway, a filmesque intro to tell you that there are busy time ahead of me/my family. Tomorrow my dad will finally be able to use his right arm again after having lived as a left-handed person for a month. We then have some even harder times ahead of us, but hopefully this time the story will have a very clear happy ending :) 



On the less serious side of things I am keeping myself busy with my job, uni work (which unfortunately is not coming along as quickly as I would want it to but it will have to, eventually), rugby, translations and the usual stuff. I would like to read and write more, I have so many ideas and plans, but it is often difficult to get everything to work. Hopefully things will calm down soon and I'll be able to take more time to chat and drink coffee (in that relaxed and I-can-take-as-long-as-I-want way, not drinking as I go). 

Please keep your fingers crossed and give me a shout should I forget about a Skype appointment (or a real-life one for that matter!). 




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento