lunedì 8 dicembre 2014

Odi et amo

Yes, these days like never before I have been constantly hearing two voices inside my head having endless arguments. Here's an extract from one of my many internal monologues, clearly showing my love-hate relationship with Lux. 

L: "Oh, I love my job. Respect, independence, long deadlines, a quiet office...that's all I need!"

H: "Quiet?! You call that quiet?! It's quieter than being in a forest in the middle of Siberia!"

L: "Oh yes, I do love my job. I couldn't live without constantly excercising my brain like I do now."

H: "But do you really care about minutes, petitions, amendments, resolutions? You think you are going to save the world. Yeah, right! Bullshit. This is utter bullshit. People are dying and you are in an office, sitting at a desk and staring at a screen 8 hours a day. Is that your contribution to creating a better world?!"

L: "But still, I do love my job!"

H: "Do you also love spending two hours per day to get to work and back? It's not even a train where you could at least read or meet hot guys (?). It's a bloody minivan so reading is not possible and the drivers are so talkative that you cannot even listen to podcasts like you used to. Gone are the times when you were an informed individual who took the time to listen to the news in five different languages every day. What a waste of time that was!"

L: "But I have met lots of nice people here and seen lots of nice places."

H: "Let's talk about that! You just spent an hour dealing with a guy from an insurance company who still doesn't want to tell you the company's IBAN number for you to be able to pay, because: "It's written on the invoice" (there are for of them and they all look the same!). And remember the grumpy bus drivers and the lazy people at the train station. You call them nice?!"

And it goes on and on and on... I have never been a big fan of coaching but a friend introduced me to this guy here who often talks about our "internal dialogue", the bitchy voice in our heads and self-fulfilling prophecies. Yes, sometimes he does state the obvious but, let's face it: our brains can be easily tricked. So if you understand Italian and if you haven't seen the video yet, do have a look!  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento