lunedì 8 settembre 2014

What if Venus were Mars and Mars were Venus?

Lately I have been surrounded by guys whose girlfriends are so bossy, rude and offensive to them that I simply couldn't believe my ears. As a reaction, guys become submissive and too scared to do/say/think/move/breathe/show any feeling (or any sign of life at all).  Last night I got a text from a male friend saying: "Sorry I totally ignored you the other day. My girlfriend is jealous and I am trying hard not to do anything that may annoy her." My first reaction was: "Oh, poor guy!", my second one was: "Excuse me??!" Life is made of compromises, fair enough. It is also true that the connection I have had with this guy was a very special one. I can understand that people may be jealous of their significant other (are they still significant at this point?). But...is it really that hard to have a balanced relationship? One in which two people are friends before being partners/lovers/parents? One in which guys are not scared and women are not a pain in the arse (or the other way around, whichever you prefer).

Please tell me it's possible. Tell me it doesn't only happen in Jane Austen's books. Let's start a petition against psychologic violence on men. Or against guys who cannot stand up for themselves. And I am not being sexist here. 

It's a crazy world! If all of the above options fail please, please, please start a petition in favor of those of us who believe that all is not lost.

4 commenti:

  1. This is sad. Jealousy is an ugly beast, a false love which suffocates the partner instead of liberating him or her.
    True love (which is an act of the will, not (just) an emotion) allows the other to flourish. This is why true love can exist in all relationships.
    And yet... I think we've all been there when you just want that other person all to yourself.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Very true. I guess we too often think love is just emotions. I think that if you love somebody you need to give them freedom. And trust them. It's quite simple, really, isn't it?

      Elimina
    2. The world would be a much better place if overcoming selfishness were simple and easy :(

      Elimina
  2. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina