domenica 1 giugno 2014

The clock is ticking (is it really?)

"You have a double bed...Where is your boyfriend then?" asked my neighbours' 7-year-old-son some time ago. When I told him I didn't have a boyfriend, I just wanted to be more comfortable, he replied seriously:"Didn't you know you are only allowed to have a double bed if you have a boyfriend?"

"Danči, you know, I have a boyfriend now. He's very nice and when we get married you are going to be my maid of honour, ok?" said S, my friend's 9-year-old daughter. I admit I was quite shocked to hear her talk about boyfriends and weddings...I guess it's because I saw her when she was 3 days old. I remember her making the first steps, I remember the first time she said my name...and now here she is, a beautiful, self-confident and incredibly smart girl. My shock probably showed on my face because S soon added: "Well, I don't think there's anything weird in having a boyfriend. You should start considering getting one. You are getting old, you know".

S's gran (I still find it hard to call her gran seeing as she is only 45) and I had the same conversation the other day but she came to a different conclusion. The reason why I need to start looking for a boyfriend is because my mum is a workaholic and when she retires in about 5 years time, she will probably be completely lost. Having a baby to look after would keep her busy and help her feel useful.

To cut a long story short, I am meeting my "future husband" today. We have never met before but never mind. My friend assured me that I would like him. "He's even crazier than you, it will be love at first sight!" What do I think about all this? I don't feel old, nor do I feel like having babies right now...but as an amateur matchmaker (and a quite successful one, I may add :) I know that organising blind dates is good fun. Let's see what happens...   :)


2 commenti:

  1. Sooo? Waiting for comments … (blind dates are awesome and, yes, sometimes quite fruitful! ;))

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Some are more fruitful than others, I guess... :)))) But I'm not complaining ;)

      Elimina